We support our Publishers and Content Creators. You can view this story on their website by CLICKING HERE.

In the Texas hearing two days ago, it was revealed that one of Uvalde’s police officers was called by his wife and she told him she was shot and dying.

He was there in the school and wanted to save her, but had his gun taken away from him and was escorted from the school building.

Via Today:

Eva Mireles’ police officer husband attempted to save her after she was shot and killed at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, according to Texas Department of Public Safety Director Col. Steven McCraw.

During the Texas Senate’s hearing on police response to the Uvalde school shooting, McCraw claimed that Mireles’ husband, Ruben Ruiz, had his gun taken away, was detained and escorted off the scene after he received a call from his wife.

“We got an officer, Officer Ruiz, whose wife had called him and said she (had) been shot and she’s dying,” McCraw said in video shared by PBS News Hour. “What happened to him as he tried to move forward into the hallway, he was detained and they took his gun away from him and escorted him off the scene.”

Mireles’ husband is an Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District (UCISD) officer.

What a horrible story. It just adds to the abysmal police response that left children to die while they waited over an hour in the hallway.

McCraw added that not only was the police leadership a failure, but misinformation played a big role as well:

He also stated that “one of the biggest problems” during the shooting was “not only the lack of leadership, but also the misinformation that’s being provided.”

“What officers were being told was, ‘The subject is contained, the chief is in the classroom or the office, negotiating or talking to the subject. So everyone is treating it, that comes in afterwards, you’re in the hallway and you’re looking at it, and you’re being told this, there’s no reason to discount that,” he stated. “Now, certainly if you heard, ‘Well, wait a minute, we’re getting 911 calls from children in the classroom.’ And we didn’t know the timeline.”

The Uvalde chief of police, who was the on-scene commander, was put on administrative leave yesterday, a day after the hearing: