We support our Publishers and Content Creators. You can view this story on their website by CLICKING HERE.
The House panel investigating January 6 will pause its scheduled hearings and pick them up again in July.
Committee chairman Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) told members of the press Wednesday that the committee would not be moving forward immediately with the two final hearings it had planned for this month.
Other members of the panel spoke with reporters as well. Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin (D) said, “There’s been a deluge of new evidence since we got started. And we just need to catch our breath, go through the new evidence, and then incorporate it into the hearings we have planned.”
“We have a mountain of new information that’s come in that we have to go through,” Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) told the Hill, echoing Raskin’s comments.
The new evidence to which the reps are referring reportedly includes video footage from a British documentarian, as well as interviews with the former president and several of his adult children. An interview with former Vice President Mike Pence is also reportedly included in evidence the committee has received, something they had been unable to attain up to this point.
Thursday’s hearing, which will focus on the pressure exerted by the former president on the Justice Department in the aftermath of the 2020 campaign, will be the last one of the month.