We support our Publishers and Content Creators. You can view this story on their website by CLICKING HERE.
As previously reported, an armed man was arrested outside the home of Justice Brett Kavanaugh, reportedly telling police he wanted to kill the Justice in response to the leaked Supreme Court Opinion.
- THE WASHINGTON POST: “A California man carrying at least one weapon near Brett M. Kavanaugh’s Maryland home has been taken into custody by police after telling officers he wanted to kill the Supreme Court justice, according to people familiar with the investigation. The man, described as being in his mid-20s, was found to be carrying at least one weapon and burglary tools…”
- THE WASHINGTON POST: “Two people familiar with the investigation said the initial evidence indicates that the man was angry about the leaked draft of an opinion by the Supreme Court signaling that the court is preparing to overturn Roe. v. Wade”
The Supreme Court Justices Have Faced Increased Threats After The Draft Ruling Was Leaked, Leading To All Nine Justices Receiving Increased Security.
- CBS News: “CBS News has learned the nine Supreme Court justices have been given extra security since general threats of violence against the justices have increased after a draft majority opinion suggesting the high court would overturn Roe v. Wade was leaked and published by Politico. The justices’ home locations have been shared online and they’re receiving more targeted personal phone threats.”
The National Fusion Center Association Held A Called With More Than 150 Law Enforcement Officials Around The Country To Prepare For Violence And Unrest Around the Dobb’s Decision.
- Politico: “Law enforcement officials across the country are preparing for unrest in the wake of the Supreme Court’s anticipated reversal of Roe v. Wade. On Wednesday, more than 150 officials nationwide joined a call to discuss concerns about growing threats in the wake of the news, including potential danger to Supreme Court justices. The National Fusion Center Association, representing dozens of intelligence-sharing hubs around the country, hosted the call, which included state and local law enforcement officials along with officials from the FBI and Department of Homeland Security. The call focused on threats that have metastasized in the wake of POLITICO’s publication of an initial draft opinion that indicates the Supreme Court could overturn federal abortion protections, according to two people on the call who described it to POLITICO.”
Liberal Activists Have Taken Their Displeasure About The Draft Abortion Ruling By Protesting Outside Of Justice’s Private Residencies.
- The Washington Post: “As abortion rights activists picketed outside the Alexandria home of Supreme Court Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. on Monday night, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin popped up on Twitter to say state police were nearby and ‘closely monitoring’ the protests.”
- The Washington Post: “The release of the draft has led to protests at the homes of several justices, including the Montgomery County, Md., dwellings of Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh.”
- USA Today: “ShutDownDC led a protest at Justice Samuel Alito’s home in Virginia on Monday night.”
- USA Today: “Ruth Sent Us announced protests at the Maryland and Virginia homes of all six conservative justices for what it called ‘Walk-by Wednesday.’”
Prominent Democrats Including Joe Biden And Chuck Schumer Have Said Protests Outside Of The Justice’s Homes Are Okay So Long As They Are Peaceful.
- The Washington Post: “As Republicans and others cry foul over pro-Roe v. Wade protests at Supreme Court justices’ private homes, Democrats have been forced into a tough spot. The White House has taken to saying that such protests by its abortion rights allies are okay as long as they are peaceful. Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), meanwhile, cited the protests outside his own home. ‘There’s protests three, four times a week outside my house,’ Schumer said Tuesday. ‘The American way to peacefully protest is okay.’ But while protest is indeed ingrained in American democracy, legally speaking, the comparison between protesting a politician at home and a member of the judiciary at home is inexact. And experts say the latter category of protests is probably illegal regardless of how peaceful the demonstrations are.”
A Campaign On TikTok For Abortion Supporters Has Women Sending Coat Hangers To The Supreme Court.
- The Independent: “Women on the social media platform TikTok have allegedly been sending coat hangers to the US Supreme Court as a symbol of protest at the threats made to abortion rights enshrined by Roe v Wade. In a video on Tuesday last week, TikTok user Katarina Nowack showed herself ordering six wire coat hangers which she shipped to the Supreme Court in Washington DC, and called on her followers to do the same. The Amazon order, which came with a message reading ‘Tools that women will need for the future you are creating,’ came within 48 hours of a draft opinion suggesting Roe could be overturned by the conservative-majority court.”
Unfortunately, This Is Not A New Phenomenon. Liberal Officials And Activists Have Resorted To More And More Aggressive Tactics Personally Targeting Supreme Court Justices In Recent Years.
- In 2021, Left wing groups announced plans to protest Justice Kavanaugh’s home in a clear effort to try and intimidate him.
- In 2020, then-Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer went so far are as to threaten two Justices by name in front of the Supreme Court for potential positions they may take on a case.
- Sen. Schumer said, “I want to tell you, Gorsuch! I want to tell you, Kavanaugh! You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price! You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”
In Their Own Words: The Left Has Responded To The Supreme Court With Calls for Aggression
Rep. Pramila Jayapal: “People should take to the streets across the country. Right now, the Senate can pass an exception to the filibuster and codify Roe v. Wade. This is the most dramatic setback for women’s rights in decades.”
Huffington Post Contributor Bob Cesca: “1000% of the blame and rage needs to be rocket-launched at the Republican zealots who made this possible. Blaming other liberals isn’t going to change a damn thing and will only confuse the matter. Decide today, right now, what you plan to do about it.”
The Nation’s Elie Mystal: “I go back and forth between: MAYBE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR THE EMAIL LADY and MAYBE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS SHOULD HAVE BURNED IT DOWN WHEN MCCONNELL WOULDN’T SEAT MERRICK GARLAND”
Political Commentator Keith Olbermann: “Hey [Sen. Ted Cruz], stop clutching your pearls. [Vox Senior Correspondent Ian Millhiser] is 100% right about the Supreme Court: the leaker is a hero who realized the Court is broken, and the Court IS destroying American democracy, so FUCK IT, LET’S BURN THIS PLACE DOWN. #MetaphoricallyBurnTheCourtDown”
Pro-abortion protestor displays sign threatening “Let’s make a deal: for every one woman who dies from this, one of you goes too” in front of the Supreme Court Monday night.
Liberal Officials and Groups Repeatedly Claimed They Were Going To “Fight Back”
Demand Justice: “Stand up. Fight back.”
Planned Parenthood Federation of America President & CEO Alexis McGill Johnson: “This leaked opinion is dangerous but we have been preparing for every possible outcome in this case — and are built for this fight! Our health centers remain open and make no mistake, we’re fighting like hell.”
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand: “Codify Roe. End the filibuster. Fight like hell to preserve our fundamental human rights.”
Sen. Elizabeth Warren: “An extremist Supreme Court is poised to overturn #RoeVWade and impose its far-right, unpopular views on the entire country. It’s time for the millions who support the Constitution and abortion rights to stand up and make their voices heard. We’re not going back—not ever.”
Sen. Ron Wyden: “If true, this will be a devastating loss of constitutionally guaranteed bodily autonomy for half of America. Abortion is health care. Republicans have set the stage for the total erosion of Americans’ rights. Democrats must use every tool at our disposal to fight back.”
Sen. Tammy Duckworth: “Let’s be clear: this is not final and the far-right Supreme Court majority will not have the last word. The American people will. Tonight, it’s important we get loud, organize and demand action from the Senate. Retweet if you agree it’s time to protect Roe v. Wade NOW.”
Rep. Eric Swalwell: “This is just the beginning. They won’t stop. Fight like your lives depend on it. Because they do. #VoteBlue”
Rep. Cori Bush: “Abolish the filibuster. Codify Roe. Expand the Supreme Court. Protect abortion rights by any means necessary. We need all of the above. This is an emergency.”
Rep. Ayanna Pressley: “Reminder: Roe v. Wade is still the law of the land & the power of the people will always be greater than the people in power. We are organizers, mobilizers, advocates, movement leaders — & we won’t stop fighting to protect & expand abortion care & reproductive justice for all.”
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: “If we don’t [codify Roe], what message does that send? We can’t sit around, finger point, & hand wring as people’s futures + equality are on the line. It’s time to be decisive, lead with confidence, fight for a prosperous future for all and protect the vulnerable. Leave it all on the field.”
Rep. Tim Ryan: “Overturning Roe would be absolutely wrong. Not to mention catastrophic for Ohio, where Republicans have introduced one extreme proposal after another to ban abortion before most women even know they’re pregnant. We must fight back. Ohioans’ most fundamental rights are at stake.”
Saint Paul Mayor Melvin Carter: “This is disgusting, but not surprising- it was the plan all along. Overturning #RoeVWade would undo a precedent that’s stood for nearly 50 yrs & set women’s rights back a generation. We must stand & fight back together to ensure quality health care & reproductive rights for all.”