We support our Publishers and Content Creators. You can view this story on their website by CLICKING HERE.
After jumping ship from NBC to host a show on CNN+, Kasie Hunt now finds herself in a tough position with the streaming service scheduled to be defunct after April 30.
Hunt, however, attempted to put a positive spin on things earlier in a two-part tweet where she insisted that she is “proud to be on team CNN” and “will be fine” following the announced cancellation.
“The journalists I have been privileged to work with on CNN Plus are world class,” Hunt began.
Hunt then explained, “I am so incredibly proud to be able to call them colleagues.”
“If your organization would like a chance to benefit from their talents, my DMs are open,” Hunt requested.
Hunt added, “This is *my* job for the foreseeable future.”
While it is unclear what that means exactly for her future at CNN, in the second part of the tweet, Hunt said in parenthesis, “Some of you are asking about me. I am proud to be on team CNN. I will be fine. It’s not about me right now.”
It appears then that Hunt will continue to work with CNN but will also try to find employment for former colleagues who may have been laid off, but no decision has been confirmed.
In an internal memo, CNN CEO Chris Licht said that “all CNN+ employees will continue to be paid and receive benefits for the next 90 days to explore opportunities at CNN, CNN Digital and elsewhere in the Warner Bros. Discovery family.”
Deadline reported that about 500 employees were assigned to work at the streaming service, although many of them had dual roles at CNN and CNN+.
(Some of you are asking about me. I am proud to be on team CNN. I will be fine. It’s not about me right now.)
— Kasie Hunt (@kasie) April 21, 2022